Hollister Old Town Interim Striping Project Moves Forward!
The Hollister Avenue Old Town Interim Striping Project is headed to the final design phase and will be in construction in early summer 2023. At a Special City Council meeting held Thursday evening, October 27, 2022, the Goleta City Council voted unanimously in favor of moving the project forward after hearing a presentation from City Staff and testimony from community members. This meeting was the culmination of several City Council meetings and a recent well-attended workshop. Big thanks to all members of the public who attended, spoke and submitted their comments!
Goleta Public Works Director Charlie Ebeling said, “Public Works is excited to move to the next phase of delivering this project. The project will meet several community goals such as increased parking and bike lanes. The project will also include several safety improvements.”
The Project includes:
- One motor vehicle lane and buffered bike lane in each direction
- A non-traversable painted median
- Back-in angled 90-minute parking along the north side of the street
- Parallel 90-minute parking along the south side of the street
- Pavement restoration
- Traffic signal equipment and timing upgrades
For more information, visit the project webpage at: https://cityofgoleta.org/hollisterinterimstriping.